Address: 1 Shields Ave, Davis, California 95616, United States
Entrance Difficulty: High
Acceptance rate: 40%
Average Cost: $42,396
To be considered for admission at UC Davis, applicants need to satisfy the UC Davis application requirements. However, meeting the University of California Berkeley admission requirements does not guarantee admission because there are only limited slots available for applicants.
UC Davis Admission Statistics Information
It is very difficult to be admitted to the university and the admission statistics prove it. The university typically attracts and accepts high scores A- average students. Only 22% of applications are admitted to the institution. The acceptance rate for women is 42% and 33% for men. The number of accepted women applicants is 14,678 and 9,840 for men applicants.
Facts about UC Davis
- Students can live at the University domes, which are also known as Baggins End.
- During the finals, the university partners with the local SPCA in bringing in rescue pets and certified therapy dogs in helping students reduce their stress.
- The university celebrates “naps”.
- The university has a firefighter program for students and it started since 1949.
- The school is the second largest UC campus that encompasses more than 5,300 acres of land.
- The school has educated many entrepreneurs, which include Daniel Ha, a CEO, and co-founder of Disqus and Sean Ellis.
Popular Majors and Degrees at UC Davis
Here are some of the popular majors at UC Davis that you should check out, especially if you are planning to enroll at the university to complete undergraduate degrees.
- Psychology: 9%
- Economics: 7%
- Managerial Economics: 6%
- Neurobiology, physiology, and behavior: 5%
- Communication: 4%
- Biological sciences: 4%
- Human development: 4%
- Political science: 3%
- Computer Science: 3%
- Animal Science: 3%
Note: If you are applying at majors at the university, make sure to check out the UC Davis acceptance rate by major to know the difficulty level of applying.
Required Documents in Applying at the University
- Submit a statement of intent
- Transcript of records
- Test scores
Average Test Scores
The average score for SAT composite at the university is 1800 on the previous SAT scale. On the new 1600 SAT, it corresponds to an average SAT score of 1290.
Application Requirements at UC Davis
In the following, learn how to write and about ending a personal statement for the best results as well.
To be considered for admission at the institution, applicants should earn their diploma or its equivalent. Here are some requirements that applicants should meet.
The following courses should be completed with a grade of C or higher.
- History and social science: 2 years
- English: 4 years
- Mathematics: 3 years, but 4 years is recommended
- Laboratory Science: 2 years, but 3 years are recommended
- Language other than English: 2 years, but 3 years are recommended
- Visual and performing arts: 1 year
- College preparatory elective: 1 year
- UC Davis GPA average: Applicants should earn a GPA of 3.0 or higher in all courses taken. For out-of-state applicants, they need to earn a GPA of 3.4 or higher
- Applicants are required to take the SAT with essay or ACT with writing
Scholarship requirement: Applicants should earn at least 2.40 GPA or higher; however, the university requires applicants to earn 2.80 GPA or higher to be selected for the admission.
Non-California Applicants: The coursework requirements are the same for the non-California applicants. However, applicants should earn a 2.80 GPA or better in all their college coursework to be eligible for the admission.
Tips for Writing a Personal Statement
- Being a captain of the basketball team shows leadership
- Community or volunteer work shows proactive
- Visiting museums and art galleries
Aside from these things, you need to be ready in the following in writing your personal statement, and here are some:
- Answer the essay prompt.
- Be confident and honest. Try to be interesting and engaging.
- Define some topics that you will write in your personal statement.
- Use your personal statement as a form of your introduction.
- Ensure that grammar and spelling are perfect.
What Not to Do in Writing Your Personal Statement
- Do not overuse cliché words and phrases like beautiful, challenging, rewarding, invaluable or meaningful.
- Do not focus on writing negative moments, and do not make excuses for something that you did not achieve.
- Do not use well-known citations, common knowledge or self-congratulatory statements.
- Do not write in a funny manner.
- Do not try to impress the admission committee by using big words.
Help of a Professional Service
Hiring a professional service makes sure that all your details are confidential and will not be shared with third parties. They also ensure to give you a high-quality essay for your complete satisfaction. An online service is always available whenever you need help in writing the best personal statement. Also, their writers have years of experience, and they specialize in different fields.
Applicants who are applying at the university should know about the UC Davis acceptance GPA if they meet the required score. Regardless, do your best to write the best personal statement UC Davis. If you need help, make sure to seek only an expert writing service for the best results. They know how to accomplish an amazing personal statement that gives you an edge in the application. Finally, start early in completing your requirements and be sure to submit impressive essays.